Wrongful Death/Fatal Accident Lawsuits
- $4,500,000.00 – Wrongful Death/Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident – Confidential settlement for client whose wife and newborn child were killed when their vehicle was hit head on by a dump truck that negligently crossed the centerline of the roadway. (Mecklenburg County, 2012).
- $2,500,000.00 - Wrongful Death/Physician Error- Settlement for client whose wife suffered a severe and irreversible brain injury due to physician's failure to properly intubate her. Client's wife subsequently died. (Mecklenburg County, 2006)
- $1,500,000.00 - Wrongful Death/Medical Negligence- Settlement for client whose child died after losing all kidney function due to surgical error. (Mecklenburg County, 2009)
- $1,000,000.00 - Wrongful Death - Jury verdict for client whose husband was killed on the premises of a local cab company by a fellow employee who had repeatedly threatened to harm other employees. The verdict was based on, among other things, the cab company's failure to provide adequate security for its employees. (Samantha Thornton, Administratrix v. Crown Cab Company 97 CVS 12964, Mecklenburg County).
- $600,000.00 - Wrongful Death/Failure to Diagnose - Settlement for client whose daughter died due to physician's failure to diagnose and treat pulmonary embolism (Cabarrus County, 2000).
- $575,000.00 - Day Care Wrongful Death - Settlement for clients whose four month old child asphyxiated while at a day care center (Cabarrus County, 2003).
- $540,000.00 - Nursing Home Wrongful Death - Settlement for client whose father died from neglect at nursing home due to lack of nutrition and untreated bed sores (Gaston County, 2004).
- $330,000.00 - Lack of Supervision Wrongful Death - Settlement for client who sustained a hip fracture in a fall due to lack of supervision, resulting in her death (Cabarrus County, 2001).
- $325,000.00 - Wrongful Death - Settlement for client who sustained a hip fracture in a fall due to lack of supervision, resulting in her death (Mecklenburg County, 2001).
- $320,000.00 - Nursing Home Neglect/Wrongful Death - Settlement for client who sustained a head injury in a fall at a nursing home while unsupervised, resulting in her death (Mecklenburg County, 2005).
- $260,000.00 - Wrongful Death - Settlement for client who sustained a hip fracture resulting in her death (Aiken, SC, 2002).
For more accident-injury lawsuit case information
visit our verdicts & settlements page