Head and Spine Injuries
Skilled Charlotte Head and Spine Injury Lawyers
Representing those with head and spinal cord injuries throughout North Carolina
Accidents that leave you with serious injuries to your head or spine can be debilitating and life-altering. People who are forced to cope with these types of traumatic injuries can suffer from excruciating pain, loss of function in their limbs, and emotional repercussions that haunt them for the rest of their lives.
At Warren & Kallianos, we want you to know that you are not alone in your fight for recovery from a head or spine injury. Our dedicated North Carolina personal injury attorneys are committed to aggressively pursuing the compensation you deserve, and we have a strong record of success in handling these types of complicated cases.
Common Causes of Spine and Head Injuries
A variety of accidents can lead to spine and head injuries. Although the injuries themselves are quite different, there are common types of accidents that frequently lead to both spine and head injuries. Examples include:
- Falls: Accidents involving falls may include slipping and falling on poorly maintained property or falling from one level to another, such as off ladders or scaffolding at work. Falls are also very common at nursing homes.
- Auto accidents: Serious collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians are a common cause of spine and head injuries. In some cases, a driver is to blame for the accident. In other cases, a defective auto part may have caused the driver to lose control or made the victim’s injuries worse.
- Acts of violence: Unfortunately, many victims of violence suffer spine and head injuries. These injuries can be caused by domestic abuse, nursing home abuse, or even being attacked in a place that should have been secure, such as a parking lot or hotel.
- Sports injuries: Injuries from sports activities can often result due to lack of training, improper supervision, and improper or defective equipment. Children are susceptible to head and spine injuries from sports such as football, soccer, boxing, baseball, hockey, swimming, and diving.
No matter what type of accident caused your traumatic brain injury or spine injury, the Charlotte injury attorneys at Warren & Kallianos can conduct a full investigation to determine who is responsible and what options you have for compensation.
When you are feeling overwhelmed from dealing with the aftermath of an accident that caused a head or spine injury, you need a lawyer who can take the pressure away from you and your family. Contact us today to set up a free consultation and let us get to work on proving who is at fault for your accident and identifying what types of compensation you may be entitled to under the law.
What Causes Paralysis?
The spinal cord is at once strong enough to support and direct the movement of the body, and delicate in the microscopic nerve connections between the brain and the body. Nerve impulses travel up and down the spinal cord allowing the body to move and feel and function and autonomic function of the organ systems. When the spinal cord suffers trauma from an injury or infection and these nerve connections are severed, paralysis can result. Total paralysis, or the inability to control one’s muscles, sensation, and some organ function occurs with a complete spinal cord injury. With an incomplete spinal cord injury, there is some function or partial paralysis below the point of injury.
Complications of Spinal Cord Injuries
- Respiratory complications
- Cardiovascular complications
- Urinary and bowel complications
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Sexual dysfunction
- Spasticity (painful muscle spasms)
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Pressure ulcers
- Osteoporosis and bone fractures
Why You Need Warren & Kallianos on Your Side
At Warren & Kallianos, we pride ourselves in providing experienced, personalized, and exceptional legal representation to each client. North Carolina injury firm founders Chris Kallianos and Jeff Warren work directly with all our clients in Charlotte and throughout the state, rather than handing you off to staff members or an inexperienced attorney fresh out of law school. We make communication a top priority, keeping you and your family updated regularly on the progress of your case. You can trust that we are doing everything we can to pursue the compensation you deserve.
When we start working on your case, some of the actions we will take right away include:
- Launching an investigation into the accident that caused your head or spine injury to determine the cause and who is responsible. Depending on the details of your accident, we may go after a car insurance company, workers’ compensation benefits, the maker of a defective device, or the person or company responsible for unsafe conditions on a property, for example.
- Calling on our network of experts to consult on your case. This may include professionals who can reconstruct the scene of your accident, medical professionals who can determine the extent and severity of your injuries, vocational experts who can address the impact these injuries have on your ability to work, and financial experts who can estimate the cost of the damages you have suffered because of your injuries.
- Managing communications with the insurance companies. While you focus on healing, we will take care of all the details of the case, including aggressive negotiations for compensation.
- Preparing a strong case for court. Although many cases settle out of court, we are committed to pursuing maximum compensation for your injuries. That means meeting all court deadlines and being prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
We understand how stressful this time is for you and your family, and we don’t want to add to your burden – or bills. That’s why the Charlotte spinal cord injury attorneys at Warren & Kallianos provide a free consultation and do not charge anything upfront. You can rest easy knowing that our team does not collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you:
- Compensation for past and future medical bills.
- Payment for lost wages, including estimates for how your injury will affect your ability to earn a living in the future.
- An amount that is meant to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have endured due to the accident.
- Costs of property damage, such as damage to your vehicle if you were hurt in a car crash.
- Damages specifically meant to punish the at-fault party if the behavior that led to the accident involved exceptional misconduct.
Millions Recovered for Head and Spine Injury Victims
When you or a loved one has suffered a serious head or spine injury, you need an experienced North Carolina personal injury attorney with a successful track record to pursue full and fair compensation for you. Attorneys Jeff Warren and Chris Kallianos are proud to have successfully represented so many clients over the years, and some of the ways we have helped include:
- $3,000,000 settlement for a client who suffered a gunshot injury to her spine in a robbery outside a Charlotte business establishment. The business was sued for failing to provide adequate security for its customers.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a client who suffered a severe head injury when he was thrown from a vehicle that hydroplaned on I-85 in a construction zone.
- $1,225,000 settlement for a client who suffered a brain infection from an abscessed tooth that went untreated in the nursing home.
Schedule a Free Case Review with a Trusted Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Today
Every case we take and every client we serve is unique, and we promise to give you the personalized attention you deserve. Call 704-377-7777 or contact us today to schedule a free consultation and find out how we can start pursuing compensation for you.