Trusted Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyers, NC
Representing those injured in negligence accidents throughout North Carolina since 1992
You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. If you’ve been hurt because of someone else’s carelessness, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim. Selecting the right personal injury attorney to handle your case could make all the difference in the outcome.
This important decision doesn’t have to be a difficult one. Warren & Kallianos is one of Charlotte’s most-recognized personal injury law firms. Jeff Warren and Chris Kallianos have been recognized as Super Lawyers, among the Best Lawyers in America, members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, as well as other professional honors.
When you entrust your personal injury claim to our law firm, you will work directly with Chris and Jeff. We are committed to delivering personalized service to each of our clients, including frequent communication about the status of your case. You can count on us to deploy the full force of our resources, legal experience, and determination on your personal injury case.
Studies show time and again that personal injury victims end up with more money when they get help from an attorney instead of trying to handle the claim on their own. Are you ready to find out how the North Carolina personal injury law firm, Warren & Kallianos, can help you? Contact our personal injury lawyers now for a free claim review and legal advice about your situation.
Chris, Katrina and Jeff are the best. They helped me resolve a difficult and emotional legal issue with excellent professional and compassionate care. I have used this firm in the past and would highly recommend this team for anyone needing advice and or legal representation.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [Google Review]
Types of Personal Injury Litigation We Handle
Our lawyers represent accident victims who have sustained a wide variety of personal injuries. The following are but a few examples of the personal injury claims we are prepared to take on:
Why Choose Warren & Kallianos For Your Personal Injury Case?
At Warren & Kallianos, our attorneys have the same objective as you: to get you full and fair compensation for your personal injuries. We work to achieve that goal through careful preparation, uncompromising client advocacy, aggressive negotiations, and skillful legal representation. Chris and Jeff have done just that for many clients over several decades of legal practice.
Our hard work has allowed us to compile a long list of verdicts and settlements that we have achieved on behalf of the people we serve. A few examples of the many positive outcomes we have secured for our clients are listed below:
- $4,000,000 Settlement for client who sustained catastrophic burn injuries due to an arc flash explosion while working on an energized electrical panel at the defendant’s manufacturing facility in Charlotte, NC. Settlement also included waiver of the worker’s compensation lien on the settlement funds and continuation of benefits.
- $1,550,000 Settlement for client who sustained severe electrical injuries and burns over 22% of his total body surface after being injured on a construction site when a light pole he was helping to erect came into contact with a high voltage power line.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for client who sustained burn injuries during hospitalization.
- $305,000 Settlement for client who sustained electrical burn injuries due to an arc flash explosion while working on an energized electrical panel at the defendant’s manufacturing facility in Charlotte, NC.
To find out about more of our firm’s verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases, check out our Results Page
- What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Claim Take?
- How Much is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- What is The First Thing I Should Do After Being Injured?
- The Lawyer You Choose Makes the Difference
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
If someone else – an individual, a business, or an agency – acts carelessly or fails to act, and it results in an accident that hurts you, you may have the right to seek compensation in a personal injury claim in North Carolina. The insurance company that covered the at-fault party is typically responsible for paying a valid claim. Although the personal injury attorneys at Warren & Kallianos are always prepared to take a case to trial, most claims are settled during out-of-court settlement negotiations.
If an insurance company or other responsible party cannot be persuaded to make a reasonable settlement offer, Jeff and Chris stand ready to deliver aggressive client advocacy in court.
You are likely facing one of life’s greatest challenges during the days, weeks, and months following an accident that causes serious personal injuries. The attorneys at Warren & Kallianos want to shoulder as much of your burden as we can during this difficult time. We are ready to take care of the legal issues while you concentrate on healing, caring for your family, and putting your life back together.
The following includes a few examples of the many ways we can make the personal injury claims process easier for you by:
- Assisting in seeking out any specialized medical care you may require for treatment of your accident-related injuries.
- Thoroughly investigating the accident that caused your injuries to reach an independent conclusion about what happened.
- Identifying everyone whose negligence may have played a role in the accident.
- Searching out all potential sources of insurance coverage that may be responsible for paying you compensation for your losses.
- Calling on our network of respected experts including accident re-constructionists, medical experts, life-care planners, economists, and others to determine the cause of your accident, establish the severity of your injuries, calculate the extent of your financial losses, and other important issues.
- Conducting all communications with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys, including carrying out aggressive settlement negotiations on your behalf.
- Making all necessary filings and handling other actions with the courts and government agencies related to your personal injury, including ensuring that no deadlines are missed, and all paperwork is filled out properly.
- Being fully prepared to present a persuasive case in court if the insurance company won’t budge to make a reasonable offer.
- Resolving any outstanding liens on your monetary compensation to maximize the amount you take home.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Claim Take?
Most people in Charlotte understand that they have the right to sue if someone else’s negligent actions cause them to suffer an injury. Here are some of the factors involved in pursuing a personal injury claim:
- Choose the right lawyer.Your first step in pursuing a personal injury case is to hire a lawyer who has experience, a good record of results, good reviews from past clients, and someone you feel comfortable working with.
- Obtain medical treatment.How well you recover from your accident injuries will have a bearing on how the injury has impacted your quality of life and your earning capacity. Your attorney will assess your current medical expenses and what they could be in the future.
- Investigate the accident.Your lawyer will investigate your accident, collect evidence, consult with experts, and develop a strategy for representing your case.
- Negotiate a settlement.Your lawyer will begin negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company with a demand letter. The insurance company can either agree to the demand, or they can challenge it and engage in extended negotiations until both sides agree, or until negotiations break down.
- Go to trial.If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, the case will go to trial where the jury may decide liability and the amount of damages.
- Collect and distribute the award.If your health insurance company covered your accident-related medical bills, the insurer may assert the right to recover what the insurance company spent from the settlement or verdict amount.
The attorneys of Warren & Kallianos, PLLC, will act as quickly as possible to resolve your case because we know how important it is for you to move on with your life after an accident. At the same time, we will never rush you into making any decisions.
How Much is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
When we take on your car accident claim, we will thoroughly document your injuries and consult with a variety of specialists to determine how this crash will affect your life into the future. In the near term, you may be concerned about immediate doctor’s bills and missing work, but it’s important to take a long view on what you may be facing.
Some of the factors our attorneys will consider when evaluating what types of car accident compensation to request on your behalf might include:
Medical bills: You may already have an idea of the medical bills you have received so far. But it is important to keep in mind the bills that have yet to come, as well as what treatment you may need in the future. Do you expect to need physical or occupational therapy? Will you have ongoing bills for medications? Did your doctor order special medical assistive devices, such as a walker or wheelchair? Will you need to make modifications to your home to accommodate your injury?
- Property damage: Depending on the severity of the crash, you may need to have your vehicle repaired or replaced. While you are waiting for that to happen, will you incur rental car expenses? And if your vehicle must be fixed rather than replaced, how will the crash history reduce your car’s resale value in the future?
- Lost income: If you had to miss time from work after your accident, you may already be feeling the pinch in your bank account. Even if you were able to use sick or vacation days to cover that missed time, you may be able to recoup that lost income. Looking ahead, do you expect to be able to go back to the same job you had before, or will you face limitations that necessitate a lower-paying job? Will you be able to work at all?
- Inability to perform daily duties: If you have been seriously injured, you may have had to pay someone to do the chores you typically do. For example, did you have to hire someone to do yard work, cleaning, or babysitting?
- Effects on personal life: Sometimes after an accident, people are not able to participate in the activities they have always enjoyed. For example, are you missing vacations, birthday parties, or big family events due to your injury? Have you been forced to give up hobbies? Has the injury placed a burden on your relationship with your partner?
- Pain and suffering: It can be difficult to imagine what price could be tied to a person’s pain and suffering. But it is a fact that physical, emotional, and psychological trauma take a costly toll on car accident victims.
- Punitive damages: Although these are only awarded in extreme cases, punitive damages can be used to punish the at-fault party for intentional and severe misconduct.
Evaluating your losses after a car accident is much more complicated than adding up the bills in hand. However, an insurance company may try to persuade you to accept a car accident settlement offer before you really have a grasp of what your claim is worth.
Never sign something from the insurance company without having it reviewed by one of our experienced auto accident lawyers. In addition to having an in-depth understanding of how these insurance companies work, our dedicated attorneys can connect you with medical specialists and financial professionals who can review your case and determine what full and fair compensation should be.
What is The First Thing I Should Do After Being Injured?
Your priority after suffering a personal injury should be your health and your physical and emotional recovery. To have the best chance at a full recovery, it is important to seek medical help as soon as possible after the accident. If you don’t receive emergency medical treatment on the scene and you aren’t transported to a hospital, you should still seek treatment at an urgent care center, an emergency room, or at your doctor’s office as soon as you can.
There are many kinds of potentially serious injuries that may not be immediately apparent after an accident. Also, the rush of adrenaline from the shock of an accident may mask pain and other symptoms of a personal injury. Some “silent” injuries may cause long-term impairment or even death if they are not diagnosed and treated promptly. Be sure to seek treatment and tell the doctor exactly what happened and all your symptoms. This is no time to play it tough or keep a stiff upper lip.
As you recover from your injuries, carefully follow the medical advice you receive. Follow through with recommended treatments by specialists. Be sure to take medications as prescribed, go to any appointments, and take part in physical therapy as prescribed. If you are unable to make it to an appointment because you are in too much pain from your injury, be sure to tell that to the office when you call to cancel.
Are you ready to discuss your case and find out your legal options for pursuing compensation in a personal injury claim? Jeff and Chris want to talk to you whenever you’re ready. Our firm offers a free claim analysis and advice about your legal options. In addition, we accept all cases on a contingency basis, meaning you owe us no legal fee if we do not secure compensation for your injuries.
When Winning Means Everything, the Lawyer You Choose Makes the Difference
At Warren & Kallianos, our goal is to secure full and fair compensation for our clients, whether that comes through a car accident settlement or a jury verdict. Our highly respected North Carolina legal team is committed to thorough preparation, aggressive advocacy, and smart litigation strategies that are geared toward success. And we have a long track record of impressive case results.
Although every car accident claim we handle is unique, one thing remains constant: Our team always fights tirelessly for maximum compensation for our clients. To schedule a free case evaluation, call 704-377-7777 or contact our office now. Our office is just a 5 min drive from the Bank of America Stadium and just across from Marshall Park.
301 S McDowell St #610, Charlotte, NC 28204